So I thought Id share my recipe for Yorkshire puddings which I like to use. Its not as good as the one that my dad used to use which was my grandma’s but I lost that one.
I made them Last week for our student Christmas Dinner.
-140g plain flour
-Yorkshire Pudding Tray or Bun Tray (Yorkshire Pudding Tray makes bigger ones)
- Start by preheating the oven to 230C/Gas 8
- Pour a small amount of sunflour oil into the trays and put into the oven to heat.
- Sieve the Flour into the bowl and add the eggs one at a time, mix until smooth
- Add milk gradually and continue beating until smooth.
- Add some salt and pepper and a dash of warm water ( This part I remember my dad doing)
- (Optional)Leave to rest in fridge for about 20 mins. If you do this step then dont preheat oven until you are ready to make.
- Pour batter into the tins and place in the oven Undisturbed for around 20-25 mins or until Golden Brown.
Let me know if any of you try this out. I would honestly recommend them. Between three of us that could eat them, they all went and there was at least 24 of them.